Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recycling of Kalamazoo

When I first started researching the recycling options in Kalamazoo, I realized that I did not know anything about recycling in Kalamazoo myself. Back home, my family and I take recycling to a center with large portable bins for flattened boxes, glass, paper and plastics. When full, these are transported to a processing plant where the materials are broken down. But, I had no clue of where to look for a center in Kalamazoo to take these. None of my friends knew either, so I researched online what I found were multiple options within a 10 minutes drive from Western.

Welborn hall- Located on West Michigan Ave across the street from WMU's main campus.

Coating Pilot Plant- Located on WMU's Engineering campus. A link to a website for both of these is listed below.

http://www.wmich.edu/pilotplants/visitors/directions.html

 Kalamazoo City Recycling- 415 East Stockbridge Ave.

Schupan & Sons- Located at 2619 Miller Road

Best Way Disposal Inc.- Located at 2314 Miller Road

Re-Bro Inc.- 2105 Glendenning Road

I could not acquire updated information on these places. It is now my mission to go and visit a few of these places so I can post more updated and detailed information on this blog next week.

1 comment:

  1. There's also one on Gembrit (off of Cork st)... its between sprinkle rd and the train tracks--headed towards Portage Rd (there's a 'two guys and a truck' moving place nearby). Best part about this one is you don't have to separate!

    ReplyDelete